Holiday Anime Faire 2009


I am sooo glad I went to Holiday Anime Faire. Especially as Amaterasu.

I went in a browsed (okay, ransacked) the place for a wall scroll of Chi, which I did not find! *rage* Oh well. I bought the last two books of Chobits later instead.

I loitered around and ran into (or rather was pulled out of the crowd by) a couple of friends. We were disturbed by this girl... How do I describe her..? Insane? Heh. It was clear that she was excited, but from what I could tell, and what people who knew her told me, she's severely socially awkward. She just thought that she was the best thing ever and it was just awkward when she spoke. She walked up to my friend who was dressed as Sleepy Time Naruto, and she herself claimed to be Naruto and had a Naruto graphic tee on. She asked "Which one if the real one?" and my friend (not Naruto) pointed to her shirt and said "That one." The chick thought my friend meant her and started to say "Ha! I win!" When the Naruto I knew cut her off and said "No. You don't understand. That's the real Naruto," and pointed more clearly to her shirt. Heh. Awkward, but my friends are awesome anyway =D So I chatted with them and kinda stuck myself to them until the costume contest, which was the only reason I went in the first place.

Speaking of first place, I got it! Hehehehehe. Never has winning been this rewarding though. We were split up into three categories: hand-made(which I was in), closet cosplay, and store / internet-bought cosplay. Last time I competed at this convention, in April (same convention, different name and month, don't ask) the judging was based solely on audience reaction. If it had been like that this time, I'm not so sure I would have one. This one girl, I forget who she was dressed as, got a lot of cheers and screams, but I was told that a lot of it was her friends in the audience and people just generally fangasming. This time though, the convention head brought in an impartial judge who knew almost nothing about anime, and that's probably the reason I won. I thanked everybody, including the audience and random people who said they liked my costume so many times, it was crazy. I'm so grateful.

My prizes kick ass. seriously, best. prizes. EVAR. A jacket with the Shonen JUMP logo on it, estimated to be worth about $50, a keychain, which I already have, an iron-on patch with no significance to me, and a freakin' ticket to freakin' Fanime. My jaw dropped to the floor when they announced that as one of the prizes. I mean, seriously. They were listing the prizes "DVDs... A jacket... A ticket to AOD... A ticket to Fanime." and people just freaked. I was happy for the potential DVDs, that's what my prize was last year, the jacket didn't interest me, but they got my attention with an AOD ticket, and I nearly passed out when they said a Fanime ticket. And then I won the Fanime Ticket. OMG. I'm just really excited.

I plan on showing my Ammy lots and lots of TLC tomorrow because it won me so much today. I don't know if I'll finish any new parts, but I'll patch up what's falling apart and whatnot, because it managed to take a beating today =/

3 comments:

  1. Oh man! Awesome ^~^!!!!! I've only won an award once...but I only entered myself once too. (e__e);

    My gifts weren't as awesome as that though D:!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! I will be seeing you at Fanimeeez of course >:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    W000h0000!! I want to see your Ammy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raaaaawr. I saw the pictures on cosplay.com. :D I like the costume! It looks great~!! ^~^

    D: I always go to Fanime or Anime Expo, I don't think I stand a chance at those. :[

    For AOD, I might enter a costume...I don't know though. Probably not my Ayame one. It's too easy of a costume (e_e); Sooo....I dunno.;/


    I will be at Fanime for four days I think (That's including day 0). So I'm bound to see you, ya?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww; I'm glad to hear that you placed with Ammy!! Congrats! (sorry for the late response been busy with IRL stuff)

    I really wanted to go to the Anime Faire but I had already made previous arrangements for the Hetalia Meetup that I sort-of-kind-of hosted. o_o; Without... Really knowing I hosted it...

    Anyway hope to see you at AOD!!

    ReplyDelete