Woah. Days 237 - 244. Oops.

WOW I slacked off on posting. It's only fair though, I'm on a sort of cosplay hiatus. I need to buy fabric and then I can start on my Franziska von Karma cosplay. I'm actually rather excited to get to sew, as opposed to all of the hot gluing and painting my last few costumes took (mainly Pacman, Clyde, and Amaterasu).

Other than that, I'm designing two Pokemon Gijinkas for myself and my boyfriend. First, I'm planning on being a Vespiquen in the style of a Medieval queen. I'm thinking a big, ruffly hoop skirt with pleats at the bottom to give the illusion of her honeycombs that are at the bottom of her dress. I haven't quite figured out anything else but that, but it's a start, I suppose. I'm more worried about my boyfriend's costume.

His will be a Scizor, in the style of a medieval knight. Heh, yeah, these are the things I get myself into. I've already started designing it. All I can say is that it looks like a gundam. A lot like a gundam. It's the wings that do it. Seriously, put some wings on a suit of medieval armor, I swear to you, it will look like a gundam. Even though I can't recall seeing a gundam with wings that actually looked like wings. But you know what I mean! Heh.

Anywhozit, Franziska von Karma and Miles Edgeworth get top priority for no real reason other than the fact that they're a lot easier to make, and I already have my Franziska wig. It's a little blue-er that I would have liked, but I think I prefer it to the alternative gray.

I've also made a brilliant discovery! You can make almost any kind of top if you have a jacket pattern! Yup. I made two different jackets with one (Mello and Hideki), and I already have plans to use it for Franziska's vest and jacket-vest-thing. It makes me wonder what I could to with a shirt pattern. =3

No comments:

Post a Comment