Kin-Yoobi Con 2010 (Days 296 & 297)

Ah, I'll try to keep this as cosplay-related as possible, but I didn't do too much cosplay-wise because I was staffing.

I cosplayed at Pikachu for both days, and as usual, it got an amazing response. I still never expect it though. I'm like "It's just Pikachu!" and they're like "PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUU!" o.o

I did get my Artist's Alley booth, and had people to watch it while I staffed. Luckily, it was also in a place where I could see it from the stage and keep an eye on things. I made a nice bundle o' cash, which I intend to put toward Comic-Con 2011. Back to stalking the site every day for registration to be up. I also got a lot of commission requests for hats, e-mails have been sent out for those so that I can start compiling a list of things to do. However, I'm not starting work on any of them for a couple of weeks because I need a break!

During the date, I got to see a bunch of my cosplay friends, one of whom I got to meet in person for the first time ^-^ It was pretty funny, since I didn't even recognize him when I first talked to him, I just wanted a hug from the Roy Mustang cosplayer >_< I've noticed that I'm a lot more social when my boyfriend's not around =/ This is probably not good. He's just over-protective, and I don't want to make him jealous, so I just don't talk to people as much.. This needs to be fixed.

I don't know how well the Cosplay Cafe went, because I decided not to participate in it, I only helped set up. I know that we made a nice amount of money off of selling the sweets though, so at least there's that.

I got to run the cosplay contest, with the help of my mommy and aunt. The judging panel didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it, but pretty darn close. I believe that the best and fairest cosplay contest judging panels consist of three different people: A celebrity judge who knows a minimal about of both anime/tv/games and cosplay, a judge who knows a tons about anime/tv/video games, and a judge who knows a ton about sewing. We kinda had that planned out, but something went wrong and we lost our sewing expert somehow (seriously don't know where she went). So we ended up with two of my cosplay friends (acting as one judge), Robert Axelrod (voice of Lord Zedd from the Power Rangers), and my aunt "who just likes to look at cool stuff." =] Of course they didn't judge exactly how I wanted them to, and people ended up winning multiple awards (I asked them to avoid that, but oh well =/). In any case, the audience and most of the cosplayers seemed pleased with how things turned out. I of course wanted my friend Foxberry to win, because I know exactly how much time and effort she put into her costume, and how amazing it is, but that's exactly why I wasn't a judge =/ I'm not impartial enough. Two of my other friends did win awards though, so that was kinda cool ^-^ Somehow the prizes for the cosplay contest disappeared though, so that was really upsetting to both me and the winners. Ugh..

The Cosplay Dating auction was ridiculously fun, as usual. The emcee was hilarious and really good at getting people to bid, lol. I actually got to buy someone and be auctioned off, since my boyfriend wasn't there to protest. I told him I was going to participate, but I'm not sure he believed me >_> Showed him. I bought a Lieutenant Surge (for $9), which was hilarious and ridiculously appropriate, as I was Pikachu. I didn't get to hang out with him much though, since I was also bought. When I went on stage and was asked to tell a little about myself, I Pika-squeaked into the microphone lol. The audience "Aww'ed" and "squee'd" for a little while. I went for $40 and was tied for the highest amount o.o It was ridiculously flattering, really. The bidding was started at $3 for everybody, and it flew up to $11 for me in a matter of seconds. It went up slowly after that and then flew up, it went from $25 to $30 to $31 to $40. The guy that won me said he would've gone up to $100 =O I wish he did, because I really wanted to break last year's record of $100 >_< Oh well. I was disappointed at how low some people went for though. A couple of really cute and pretty girls, and one of the models from the fashion show went for the starting price of $3. I was just in shock. They definitely should've gone for more, I don't know what happened.

Afterward, there was an unofficial anime party in the back hall, and it was ridiculously fun. Then the Anime Ball started, and while trying to teach my buyer how to Waltz just for the heck of it, I fell and hit my knee and my chin. The traction on the heels of my shoes had completely worn off somehow. We got off of the dance floor and went to play Brawl with a couple of my friends instead >_<

And that's about it cosplay-wise. I'll have a full-report on my Convention Blog soon. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment