Dress Form (Day 395)

My mommy bought my dress form today! ^-^ It's my Christmas present, and should be here in "Two to six weeks." Bleh. That's too long!

I also did what I'm going to call the last of my cosplay shopping for the year. All future money needs to go to Christmas presents for now. Thank goodness I get cash for Christmas from distant relatives, otherwise I'd be broke, well forever.

I bought the leotard and tights for my genderbent The Coon (South Park) cosplay. This is the cosplay that got posted on 4chan by a "friend" and I got flamed for. Yeah, I'm a little worried about announcing it here, because that "friend" may come back and make things worse, but they can bite me, because clearly they have nothing better to do. In any case, originally, I wanted a white leotard that looked similar to a one-piece bathing suit, but once I got to the store (Encore Theatrical), I saw that they also sold dance leotards with short sleeves. I asked my boyfriend, who knows a lot about super heroes, which would be more appropriate for a female super hero. We both agreed that the one with sleeves looked better, and they'll also give me more surface area to attach the cape to. I wish it was higher-cut though, because it's tight (because, well, duh, it's a dance leotard) and it squishes my boobs together and it's like "HAI GUIEZ! HEER'S MAH BOOBEHS!" T_T But I'll live.

The tights are a simple dark brown. They're funny though, since they're dance tights, they have holes in the bottom so that the balls of my feet touch the floor. I'm assuming that they're so that dancers have more of a grip when dancing. I was planning on wearing socks under my boots anyway, so this doesn't affect me. It's just kinda fun.

My boyfriend and I also bought the fabric for our Magikarp shirts. I'm not sure when I'll get around to making them, but I am looking forward to it. We bought the same 95% rayon, 5% spandex fabric that I used for my Link dress (which still needs to be finished). Of course, we didn't buy it in green, we bought it in red, "chilli pepper red" to be specific, haha.

So I have enough to work on for a while, and don't want to spend any more money on cosplay before Christmas... Okay, that's a lie, I need to grab three rolls of ribbon for Magikarp, because it's a Christmas special, and they may not have it after Christmas. But other than that, no more cosplay shopping! I still have to make a bunch of hats and get my seller's permit if I want to sell at Holiday Anime Faire in a couple of weeks. I may not sell there though, because, well, I'm lazy. I still have to finish my Female Link cosplay, which I finally figured out what to do with. So I have things to do before I buy any more material. =]

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! I know it can take a few weeks but maybe It'll arrive just in time for Christmas? ^^

    Oh and I hope you'll be able to sell more hats. Maybe since Christmas is nearing people will want Christmas themed pokehatz :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ^-^ I'm hoping it'll be here in time for Christmas too. Even if it comes sooner, I may have to wait until then anyway o.o

    And yeah, people are wanting them as Christmas gifts LOL

    ReplyDelete