Makin' Plans & Progress (Days 1122 - 1131)

Progress! Finally! I finished my Isis wings, I'm so excited!

I know it's blurry, I don't care, it's beautiful.

Words cannot describe how excited I am to have these things done. I love them to death. They're also really fun to dance with, which would make sense, Isis wings are intended to be danced with. I also made the necklace for my Ho-Oh cosplay. Originally I was only going to use these great green chains that my mom gave me, but then shortly after my mom's birthday, she was given a gift with green ribbon, which she also let me have. It's so perfect. The beads are also from my mom, haha. (Essentially, yes, I bought nothing for this necklace).

Also blurry. Too bad.
In addition to all of this, while I was doing menial tasks at work, I made a mental time table of what I could finish per-day, and when everything could be done. I was very generous when considering how much time things would take (meaning I estimated things would take far longer than they should), and I figured that, including the embroidery (minus shopping  days), everything would take me 32 days. this day count started about three days ago, and I'm exactly on schedule.

I haven't ordered any feathers yet, and I need a lot of them. I'm excited to work with different kinds of feathers too. I'm going to be using regular run-of-the-mill chicken feathers like you buy in craft stores, which I also have left over from making my Phoenix Down, rooster tail feathers, and ostrich feathers. I've found places to buy them all online, I just have to order them. I also still need to buy beads for pretty much everything. My mom used to be really into beading (not so much anymore, now she does quilting), and she still has a good amount of beads left over, and I've already talked to her about using some of those, but there's no guarantee I'll find ones I'll like, and I know I"m going to buy the beads for embroidery.

No comments:

Post a Comment